Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, February 14, 2011

Living in Love

It's Monday, which is normally a day for wailing and moaning, but I'm trying to take this day back and use it in my life and the life of my family. Mondays are a fresh start to a new week. We're equipped by being in fellowship with other believers and being taught the Word on Sunday and now we're ready to go out and be ministers of the gospel of Jesus Christ.

But for some of us, that doesn't mean "going out" at all. Our "out" is really "in." In the laundry room. In the bathroom on our hands and knees. In the pre-schooler's room trying to get her to take a nap instead of jumping on the bed, which she somehow thinks I can't hear when I'm right under her room. 

And sometimes, this work seems repetitive and fruitless

 But this morning I read this, which is even more appropriate on Valentine's Day:

"Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men [which, in the Greek, means 'to act w/ courage and strength in obedience to the Lord and w/ confidence in his power' -ESV Study Bible], be strong. Let all that you do be done in LOVE."  - I Corinthians 16:13,14

"ALL." Everything I do throughout my day...it should ALL be done in LOVE
A great reminder for a Monday.

2 comments:

  1. I read something similar today!

    Ephesian 5:1-2 "Be imitators of God, therefore, as dearly loved chilcren and LIVE A LIFE OF LOVE, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God."

    ReplyDelete